… from the office of Richard Olson, Superintendent of Learning: Student Success, Faith Formation, Indigenous Education, Equity
Pastoral Plan Year 2: Gathered to Become Animation Activity
Beginning the week of Monday, Nov 2, the WCDSB Becoming Butterfly will start arriving in school communities. We invite two schools to sign up to host one of the pair of Becoming Butterflies (as one butterfly will be landing in Cambridge Schools and another that will be landing in KW schools) each week These WCDSB Butterflies and the Chrysalis will be delivered by Facilities Services (Thank You Terri Pickett Peter Harrington and team!). These items will remain in your community for one week. Whenever and wherever possible it will be safely set up in a designated area by facilities - otherwise it will be left in the Administration area or Learning Commons for school staff to arrange.
Prior to the indicated week of arrival, you will receive a full complement of materials to support our Gathered to Become theme and your week of Transformation with the Becoming Butterfly. Your school will be provided several resources including (but not limited to):
• Preparation Activities to be used just prior to the arrival of the Becoming Butterfly
• Activities to animate the week for Kindergarten, Primary, Junior, Intermediate and Secondary students.
• Live and interactive presentations using the virtual platform to engage students.
• Craft supplies and Giveaways to support intentional activities.
• Parish connections (virtual and otherwise)
Teachers are welcome to integrate activities into learning goals and lessons that may intentionally connect to our board theme, especially in religious education. Contact John.Murphy@wcdsb.ca if you have any questions.
Please sign up for your week using the link shown below! Once you have signed up, we will be in touch with further information and supports.