Please know that we continue to implement COVID-19 Health and Safety protocols (including wearing a mask, hand hygiene, and social distancing) to keep students, staff and families safe. All families are kindly requested to complete the COVD-19 Ontario Self-Screener each day prior to sending your child to school (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/).
Families are no longer required to complete the paper attestation indicating that the school screener has been completed. This was a temporary measure that was completed on September 17th. Much thanks for your cooperation in completion of this attestation.
The electronic link for the COVID-19 School Screener is essential to guiding parents/guardians regarding whether or not to send their child to school or if a COVID-19 test is required to keep our entire school community safe. In addition, the symptoms that are identified and the scenarios surrounding COVID-19 continue to evolve and this link will provide the most recent guidance from Public Health.
|What are the current COVID symptoms that would see a child kept home, sent home and requiring a test?|
- Fever and/or chills Temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius/100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Cough or barking cough (croup)- Continuous, more than usual, making a whistling noise when breathing (not related to asthma, post-infectious reactive airways, or other known causes or conditions they already have)
- Shortness of breath; Out of breath, unable to breathe deeply (not related to asthma or other known causes or conditions they already have)
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell Not related to seasonal allergies, neurological disorders, or other known causes or conditions they already have
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea Not related to irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety, menstrual cramps, or other known causes or conditions they already have
Staff will be vigilant throughout the day with students and report student who shows symptoms of being unwell with the Covid-19 virus. If a student presents or complains of being unwell, the student will be escorted to the office and supervised at the main office until a parent can come to the school. Siblings are not sent home if they are symptom-free.
Upon pick up, you will be encouraged to contact your doctor. If the doctor recommends a COVID test on your ill child, then all children must stay home the following day(s) until testing & results are in. You then need to call the school with the update before sending your children back to school.
Thank you for your support.
Stay safe & healthy.
We thank you in advance for your continued partnership in keeping all within our school community safe and healthy. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the school.