Good morning Celtics,
Just a reminder that there is a scheduled PD Day tomorrow, so there is no school (for students!). Staff will be engaged with school improvement planning, health & safety and kindergarten professional development.
We would like to wish all our St. Brigid Families a very Happy Thanksgiving. Thankfulness is important when we are thinking about others. Being thankful for what we have helps us to recognize the work others do to serve us. Please keep our community in your thoughts and prayers over this coming Thanksgiving weekend!
At the end of September, we kicked off our school theme “You’re Simply the Best!” with a schoolwide assembly and a reading of our anchor book Best of All by Max Lucado (thank you grade 8 readers!). The school theme this year will allow students to SHINE at what THEY are best at – not how they are better than others, but how they SHINE in their own way. During the month of October, we are going to focus on DISCOVERING what these talents are. What makes us feel proud? It’s often easy to think of the things we are NOT good at. This month, we will be open to exploring things we didn’t think we would be the best at. Start thinking: what are YOU SIMPLY the BEST at?
“Hometown Hockey is Coming!” Schoolwide activities are being planned by the Celtic Spirit Team!
First up!! Wear RED or your fave HOCKEY JERSEY to school on Tuesday!
School Office at Lunch: If you will be dropping off lunch, water bottles etc. over the noon hour at school for your child, kindly drop off items before 11am when a staff member will be available to buzz you into the front door. Thank you!
Fire Prevention Week: The week runs from October 3rd to 9th and this year’s theme is “Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety”. It’s important to learn the different sounds of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. When an alarm makes noise – a beeping sound or a chirping sound – you must take action!
Spirit Wear!: The School Tee online store is open for you to place an order for ST. BRIGID SPIRITWEAR!
- Log in to www.schooltee.com
- Enter the Access Code at the top: SBRI.AYR
We have set up a table in the little vestibule in the school if you wish to look at sizing. Please buzz the door, sanitize your hands, view the sample sizes and then sanitize on your way out. See the flyer attached. St. Brigid 21 form2
Food Program: Stay tuned for the Schoolcash to be shared soon. We are hoping for ordering to begin Oct. 19th with the first week of lunch beginning on Nov. 2. It is a 3 day program (2 pizza days and 1 sub day) the school had to commit to but you can choose as many or as few days as you’d like.
Cookie Dough Fundraiser!: .School Council Terra Cotta Cookie Dough Fundraiser! It will be completed all online and frozen premade & preboxed cookie dough will arrive to the school for you pick up in time for Christmas!!
The school specific link will be available for you to order for friends and family or shareable for friends and family to order themselves! *Amazing features are their vegan and gluten free options!
The order pick up day has been scheduled for Dec. 1 in the afternoon. Mark your calendars as this product comes cold and cannot be stored at the school for an alternate pick up date/time. Thank you!
FlipGive Fundraiser: A platform where we earn cash back on every purchase, we make all year long! All you have to do is shop anytime with the brands you already love, like Home Depot, Walmart, Sport Chek, Indigo, Old Navy, Apple, Esso, and Loblaws. You will create an account using the link below and then the next time you shop online for products or gift cards you can earn a percentage back for the school. You will be able to shop using the FlipGive website or app (free download available in the app store and google play).
Join our team now and you’ll get a $5 bonus the first time you shop: https://flipgive.app.link/teams/join?joincode=T9QSL2. Or if you already have an account, please use this code to find our school: T9QSL2
Halloween: Halloween is an exciting time of year! There are thoughts of costumes, parties and of course, sugary treats! Your child’s classroom may be having a small celebration on Halloween, so please note the following:
- Our school will welcome kids in costumes on Halloween OR kids wearing black and orange if you prefer!! Remember that kids will be trick or treating on Halloween, so think about the costume your child will wear to school. Costumes with lots of props, pieces & accessories can be lost, broken or ruined at school. Especially is if it a cold or wet day. It’s best to save your good costumes for Trick or Treating.
- If your kids choose to dress up, please be conscious of the type of costume they are planning on wearing to school. There are no exceptions for violent or excessively scary costumes, students wearing / bringing weapons, or other inappropriate costumes. Costumes that violate our Catholic values will need to call home for a change of clothing. If they are not sure – ASK! Masks that cover eyes are not permitted—use face paint instead!
- Stickers, pencils, crayons are great Halloween treats to bring. If you were thinking of bringing food treats, they must be store bought, wrapped, peanut, nut, sesame seed, walnut, pecan, cashew, pumpkin seed FREE snacks.
- We do have multiple food allergies throughout the school, including those listed above. This is why we cannot share homemade treats/cupcakes/cookies etc. Homemade treats cannot be passed out and will be sent back home. Thank you very much for your understanding.
- If you wish to have a treat, bring one for yourself for the day.
We look forward to marking this holiday with our annual Halloween Parade (COVID friendly on google meet), schoolwide Halloween Bingo, and a fun change to our normal school routines!
Upcoming (& Future) Important Dates:
October 8 – PA Day
October 11 – Happy Thanksgiving!!
*October 12-15 – Paint the Town Red!
*October 12 – Wear RED or your favourite hockey jersey!
November 18 – Progress Report Card Distribution
November 19 – PA Day
November 25 – Parent-Student-Teacher Conferences
December 20 – Christmas Break Begins
January 3 – Back to School 2022
January 21- PA Day
February 17 -Term 1 Report Card Distribution
February 21 – Family Day
March 2 – Ash Wednesday
March 14-18 March Break
April 8 – PA Day
April 15 – Good Friday
April 18 – Easter Monday
May 2-6 Catholic Education Week
May 23 -Victoria Day
June 3 – PA Day
June 27 -Term 2 Report Card Distribution Date
June 29 -Last Day of School
Please call the school if you have questions regarding Sacraments or joining the Catholic faith.
All parents/guardians must complete the COVID daily screener everyday. If you are advised to take your child for a COVID test, all siblings must remain home until a negative result is communicated back to the school. Thank you. COVID-19 school and child care screening tool
Please refer to www.wcdsb.ca for the most up to date news.
Stay Safe Celtics!
The Staff at St. Brigid