As the 2019-20 school year draws to a close, I want to express my sincere thanks to staff and families who have supported all of our activities throughout the year, parent volunteers for working with us in so many capacities and making our school a great place for all of us, Catholic School Advisory Council for their exceptional efforts this school year and lastly the students for trying to do their best academically and socially/emotionally. This certainly has been an unprecedented school year for many reasons. Gratitude to all for supporting our learners through Teacher-Led Distance learning due to the school closure period and COVID-19.
To our Grade 8 graduating class: we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours. We sincerely hope that your experiences at St. Brigid School have been memorable, spiritually enriching, and personally rewarding.
This month we celebrate Father’s Day. To all fathers and those who do the work of fathers in caring for children, may God bless you for all you do. Happy Father’s Day on June 21st.
Father’s Day Prayer
Lord we give thanks for fathers,
for their love and affection,
for their support and guidance,
for their humour and playfulness.
Bless all fathers and help them to continue
to model God’s unconditional love.
With the end of the school year comes some change. We wish the following staff members a fond farewell and best of luck:
- Mrs. LeDuc as she joins the Kindergarten team at St. Luke Catholic Elementary School in Waterloo
- Mrs. Kapelke who will be on a (maternity) leave of absence
- Miss Spiak who will be joining the Junior division at St. Clement Catholic Elementary School in St. Clements
- Miss Eden as she joins the Primary division at Holy Family Catholic Elementary School in New Hamburg
- Mrs. Borho (formerly known as Miss Wzolek or Miss W) as she continues her (maternity) leave of absence
- Miss Buffone who will be working as a Daily Occasional Supply Teacher within Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- Ms. Kreutzkamp who will be working as a supply Educational Assistant within Waterloo Catholic District School Board
We wish all our families and staff a relaxing and safe summer break. May God continue to bless our community with health and happiness. We pray that all staff and students be blessed with a safe and Holy summer.
Your partner in Catholic education,
Mrs. Cathy Kuntz