The month of November marks a special occasion for us all to take time from our busy schedules to remember the men and women who have given so much of themselves to ensure our safety and freedom.
On Friday, November 9th at 10:40 am, St Brigid classes will participate in a Remembrance Day Service in the gym. Please continue to pray for peace in our world.
What will your family be doing for Remembrance Day?
From that list, here are five simple ideas that you can try as a family.
- Wear a poppy to honour those in uniform who have served Canada and also those who have died in service to our country.
- Attend Remembrance Day ceremonies or if you can’t go watch them on television. (Veterans Affairs has a list of ceremonies across Canada). We celebrate beginning at 10:40 am here at St. Brigid School!
- Pause for one minute of silence at 11 am to honour those who served and died in times of war, military conflict and peace.
- Thank a Veteran or Canadian Forces member for supporting peace and freedom efforts around the world (this could even be a family member or a family friend).
- Take a visit to the home of John McCrae, author of the poem “In Flander’s Field” in Guelph! Worth the trip! McCrae House 108 Water Street Guelph 519-836-1221
“Lest we forget”